(click the play button above to listen to this episode)
Words of wisdom about Pinterest from this week’s guest on the Oh So Pinteresting Podcast:
“It really is about sharing and building together a network of amazing resources for people to find no matter what their niche is. Why reinvent if great stuff is already there!” ~Kim Vij
Kim Vij is the co-author of The Educators’ Spin On It. As an early childhood teacher and a mom of three, she’s learned many tips and tricks of parenting and teaching along the way in the past 20 years. She shares her “Educator’s Spin” on parenting issues including ways to make learning playful and playtime meaningful to support you as your child’s first teacher.
In this episode
Kim and her friend Amanda launched The Educators’ Spin On It in the summer of 2011. Since then they have grown their social media presence by applying some of those tricks of the trade. In this episode Kim shares:
- How Facebook is used in contrast to how they use Pinterest for growing an audience and the results they saw
- How they use Facebook groups to build relationships that they carry over to Pinterest
- The importance of pinning styles
- How they avoid having to moderate group boards
- The key to having successful group boards
- The gift they received from Pinterest
- How she manages her time on social media
- Her approach to creating pinnable images
You can find Kim at The Educators’ Spin On It as well as on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ where’s she’s sharing hand selected resources so parents & teachers can spend less time searching and more time offline with their family.
The Educators’ Spin On It Top Boards
Reading Activities 1.3 Million Followers
Bilingual Babies & World Geography 1.4 Million Followers
Collaborative Board After School Activities Board with 35 contributors and 46,000 followers
Top Contributing Boards
Kid Blogger Network Activities & Crafts with over 300 Contributors and 66,000 followers. Kim says this an amazing network!
Top Pins that have created Traffic to the Educators’ Spin On It
Links mentioned in this episode
Sharing and collaboration were a common theme throughout my conversation with Kim. What are your favorite ways to share on Pinterest or somewhere else online? Go ahead and share in the comments below.
Latest posts by Cynthia Sanchez (see all)
- Optimize Your Images for Pinterest Pin It Buttons - March 7, 2014
- Protected: Pin it button image test - March 6, 2014
- Marketing Strategy and the Utility of Pinterest OSP 055 - March 5, 2014