Ooey Gooey Fun
Pinterest can do more than just connect us to beautiful clothes and scrumptious recipes. My blogging buddy Lollie over at The Fortuitous Housewife has used Pinterest to connect her to projects for her kids too. I wish I had Pinterest to help me out when I stayed home with my little ones all those years ago. If I had a nickel for every time I heard “I’m bored“……. well you know.
This cool looking pin took her to Domestic Charm’s Glow-in-the-Dark Slime.
Glow-in -the-dark and slimy? Sounds like fun, let’s see how it turned out….
Lollie’s boys, the Baron of Boredom and the Master of Mayhem, invited a couple of their neighborhood pals and their Mom to join them for an afternoon of glow-in-the-dark slime makin’ fun – and oh what fun they had!
The kids had a ball measuring, concocting, mixing and sliming.
Pretty pink for the girls. Booger green for the boys.
For the full details of Lollie’s slime filled afternoon including some helpful hints, click here→http://www.fortuitoushousewife.com/
Notes from Lollie aka the Fortuitous Housewife —
- This is an affordable & simple project that provides anyone past the oral-fixation period with an hour or two of gooey fun.
- When the craft store is out of neon food coloring, go the extra mile down the road & find it. We had to add quite a bit of the neon craft paint to get the desired color intensity, which resulted in us Moms doing a lot of extra stirring to get the slime to set up just right.
- Store your slime in an air-tight container and it will stay ooey, gooey & slimy for days.
- Elmer’s glue + water-soluble craft paints + Borax = easy clean up and no staining.
On Oh So Pinteresting’s scale of pins, the Fortuitous Housewife & crew
give 4 glowing & slimy pins.
If you try this, let us know how it works for you. I might do it myself. Purely for research of course!
Latest posts by Cynthia Sanchez (see all)
- A Blogger’s New Pinterest Strategies for Success OSP 087 - March 5, 2015
- Is There Really a Place for B2B on Pinterest OSP 086 - February 26, 2015
- Manly Pinterest News OSP 085 - February 19, 2015