Pinterest is developing into a powerful search tool. More and more I’m hearing of people using the platform not only to find inspiration or products to purchase but also to find solutions.
Are your pins and your account optimized to be easily found on Pinterest?
In this special 25th episode of the Oh So Pinteresting podcast:
- A review of all of the places SEO comes into play in Pinterest.
Keeping SEO in mind with your Pinterest can have benefits beyond the Pinterest community. Remember Kim from The Educator’s Spin on it the at we met in podcast episode 21? Her Reading Activities Pinterest board out-ranks PBS and Scholastic in Google search results. Isn’t scholastic that little company that published the Harry Potter series?
Local businesses are also finding some SEO benefits with their Pinterest boards. The Santa Cruz Construction Guild is a contractor and home improvement referral network based in Santa Cruz, California. Their Sancta Cruz Remodeling Pinterest board ranks number 1 in Google search results for “Santa Cruz Remodeling.” This board currently has 108 Pins and 86 followers.
- I answer a question from Jessica of Memories in Clay about a tactic discussed in episode 24 of the podcast used by beauty retailer Sephora. They create specific images to be used on Pinterest that aren’t found on their site and she asks how she can do the same with the help of the Pinterest “Pin it” Button for WordPress. (affiliate link)
- Lucy Jennings of Lucy’s Rainbow called the Oh So Pinteresting voicemail line with a question about the importance of time of day you pin. Do you have a question you’d like answered on the podcast? Leave me a message at 773-669-7461.
Have you heard about the new Pinterest training video course? It’s a series of 7 short step-by-step videos that will help you get your account of to a solid start with Pinterest SEO.
If you’re a member of the Oh So Pinteresting community you should have already received information on how to get the course. If you’re not a member yet and would like the the FREE course, weekly updates and invitations to upcoming special events like community Google+ hangouts, sign up tin the box below.
What do you think about keeping SEO in mind for Pinterest. Have you found any Pinterest boards in your Google search results?
Latest posts by Cynthia Sanchez (see all)
- Pinterest Promoted Pins- How to Build and Track Campaigns OSP 075 - October 23, 2014
- Pinterest Smart Feed is it Bad for Businesses? OSP 074 - October 16, 2014
- How a Blogger Recovered Her Traffic From a Google Update with Pinterest 073 - October 9, 2014